Old 03-27-17, 02:07 PM
Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Home race for my college this weekend involved a pretty flat, power climby type road course and TTT on Satuday and a hilly crit on Sunday.

Weather was pretty bad on Satuday for our field of 10 riders. 4/10 were on my team so that is always good to have. We poppedon pretty early and one much later in the race so it was down to a field of 8. Nothing was ever able to get away on this course as it was too slow in one part and too fast in the other section due to winds and where the climbs were located. SPrint was coming and I jumped at about 2k to go. Thought the group was tired based on how slow everyone was moving over the top. Looked back and I hadn't even made a gap. Lined back onto a teammates wheel and rested but he got gapped at about 300m to go so I ended up 6th out of group of 8. Best on our team finished 4th I think. Bit disapointed since we had numbers and I felt really good at the end.

TTT was hord out, easy back due to winds. Ended up second in the Mens A field.

Crit was fun. Again, nothing going to get away due to the course (the seward park course for anyone familiar with the Seattle race scene). I had to work a bit harder than normal in a crit s was feeling it by the hour. Never got a full recovery during the race, but that is okay, it just happens. Was lined up on a good wheel for the last climb to the line and the group got swarmed on the front. The wheel I was on ended up winning and I got 6th since I ended up boxed trying to get aroudn the front. Oh well...

Next weekend in Bozeman, Montana should be fun with a 5k / 1500 ft finishing climb. We'll see who shows up but it could be a good one for my team.