Phamilton
Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Phamilton
Ever thought about getting a pro fit? Center of gravity has a big effect on how the body absorbs shock and where.
For clarity, I’m asking from a place of inexperience, not experience. I subscribed to this thread a while ago, I’m curious as to how things will turn out for you.

I have been riding for about 2 years, mostly commuting. A lot of my riding has involved a 24 mile RT to and from work, 2 hours a day on a bike with relatively skinny tires (28-35mm) and no shock absorbing qualities other than a steel frame. I’ve never had a pro fit. The only time I had more discomfort than what would go away after being off the bike for a couple hours was when I first started riding and my fit was wildly off, like saddle nearly 1” too high. I’ve never had such discomfort that it was ever really very noticeable while riding.

You may have or haven’t had a fit, and I’m not sure if it’s relevant or even matters, but I’m curious one way or another and intrigued by your approach, so I’m gonna continue following the thread either way.
Best of luck. I feel fortunate that I don’t have great discomfort on the bike.