Old 01-23-20, 12:39 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3417 Post(s)
Liked 1,434 Times in 1,119 Posts
I can't fit full size fenders into my S&S case or in my other luggage when I fly with this bike and with my camping gear, thus no fenders on this trip. At least the rack pack kept most of the mud off of my back and from accumulating under my Brooks leather saddle.

This is the touring forum, you often will not have a handy garden hose to use at the end of a wet day to clean things off.

Fortunately, the showers at the campground at the end of the day were outside, that made it easier to bring my panniers (waterproof Ortlieb Rollers) into the shower to wash the mud off of them. The simple task of opening the panniers to get something out before they were cleaned got your hands so muddy that cleaning the mud off of them was necessary before setting up camp.

I do not recall how I cleaned the mud off of my shoe covers, I might have worn them into the shower to?

Since then I have been experimenting with different options for fenders that I can pack in the S&S case. And have bought several fenders that did not work out so well in the process. But I think I have it figured out for my next trip.