Old 04-26-20, 11:09 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 256 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingBK
Thanks for the encouragement.

I’m Ill be 52 this year also. Yes, cycling was something I picked up after I’d been working out regularly for a couple of years already. I really started because gym cardio is so boring, lol. And cycling is the best, so happy I started.

My workout routine now is to strength train (pretty challenging with the gyms closed!) 6 days a week and cycling every other day. Especially now if I’m going to do these intervals, I’ll give myself a day off after.

id like to pick up some type of cross training that Incoporates lateral motion. if that makes sense, since cycling is “linear”. For now, I was thinking cardio routines that have that “side to side” movement. But I think on cardio days I prefer....cycling! 😀
Along that line of thinking is why I like to ride both a road bike and a mountain bike. Get to where you can bunny hop that thing over logs and around obstacles without getting radical enough to hurt yourself and you will find it's a completely different work out. For me weight training 6 days a week would be about 3 times too much. I may light reps for more of a maintaining type work out every day, but you will only make significant gains if you allow your body time to recover. I've tried to push too hard for too long with too much a couple times in the last 2 years and had an injury that set me back a couple months at a time. A 52 year old body can be awesome but it's still different than a 25 year old body and has to be treated differently.