Old 07-03-20, 05:54 PM
dsbrantjr

Bikes: '93 Trek 750, '92 Schwinn Crisscross, '93 Mongoose Alta

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 1,092 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
I have no advice or possible cause to pass on to you. However, I went through a spell this spring in which I had at least a dozen flats in a 2 month period. I had flats on a few different bikes, all with good tires and tubes, all wheels in fine shape, The flats were in different areas on good roads. Here in south coastal Delaware, the roads had an incredible amount of junk on them. There was construction waste, glass, nails and screws, strands of wire, etc. It did not make any sense because it was in the middle of the restrictions on travel and the traffic was less than I can remember in many years. I did have two of the flats at the same time on a road, gravel, trail combination ride that were from pieces of wire strand. Also had a few in a couple of days of using latex tubes that were all from small slivers of glass. I even seriously considered giving tubeless a try for the first time.

I have not a flat now in the past two months with at least 1500 miles. The roads have been clearer of debris and I have certainly been more watchful. The two bikes I ride the most just got new tires and tubes mounted on them, even though the previous ones still should have a fair amount of mileage left. You are not the only one that has gone through this. This post is not a help for the flats, just sharing my experience.
Perhaps the only traffic was essential construction vehicles, which shed nails, screws, etc. , and there was not much other traffic to "sweep" the roadways clear.
Likes For dsbrantjr: