View Single Post
Old 07-04-20, 11:24 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18415 Post(s)
Liked 15,553 Times in 7,330 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
My own level of concern on this would be a direct relation to where I was going to be travelling, and making the calls right up to the moment of travel based on what is likely to be open and available particularly on the level of where you are going to stay. (whew that was a good run on)

We had been trying to plan a getaway with some friends over the last few months here in GA and FL. All of the state and national parks have been back and forth to an unplannable level as to what parks are open and what they are allowing you to do there. We have run into issue with several of the "ABnB" sites as to availability and when. Funny enough this is often in direct relation to whether a cleaning service was working or not. We have had plans cancelled on us by the locale as early as two days before our arrival. Been REALLY hard to plan anything definitive.

I would call ahead to the places you plan to stay, be sure they will be there. I would not try to count on any roadside restaurant as food. Make sure you will be able to pass state lines should you have to cross any.
Yeah. And I would keep checking up the point you leave. As we have seen during just the last week, things can change quickly. Reservation where available might also be a good idea. For example, state parks in NJ and PA are running at 50% capacity when it comes to campsites. I know of one private place I wanted to stay at during an overnight trip that was not accepting tent campers. I’ve got something planned for after Labor Day that uses two PA state parks. If I think I can pull it off I will definitely make reservations. Food may be an issue one day because there is really nothing around except on restaurant unless I want to carry groceries a long way. I’ll check to see if they are open and doing takeout or have outdoor seating. All the other nights I can shop and cook for myself. Just remembered that the first night is in a federal campground. I’ll have to check its status as well. There are uncommon hurdles so I think people need to be flexible and have a plan B for each day.