View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 06:44 AM
deux jambes

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 196 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
deux jambes this post is really a little bit of what I needed to get me out of my current funk. The 'rona hit really hard in my family and my trip to Switzerland 1st week of March proved to be catastrophic, to say the least. We're all collectively trying to recover from what's happened and this crap still isn't over yet.

I knew in my gut from the get-go I was passing this frameset along to the right BF'er, your post here confirms it. The only wisdom I'll impart is this: WD40 is a water repellent, hence the "WD" (water displacement). Not only does it displace water, it also displaces paint. Be sure to properly clean every nook ad cranny of the frame before you paint, or if you have someone else do it, warn them you applied WD to it.

Looks great, and I'm stoked to see the rust wasn't as bad as I think some folks thought. Also glad I stuck to your dibs on this. Had two others highly interested within days of you reaching out, strangely enough!
These are certainly very odd and challenging times, my friend. I'm sorry to hear of the impact that you and your family have felt recently. Here's wishing each and all of you full recovery from this mess. Working together as a collective is going to be key, for all of us, in my opinion, And agree... lets hang in there, because this is far from being over.

Roger that on the WD, Plans to clean it up with lacquer thinner or acetone prior to repaint.

Hopefully I'll be riding the bike by the weekend. I'll keep it updated here! Its good to hear from you J.
Likes For deux jambes: