View Single Post
Old 08-13-15, 05:44 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by jonc123
This was my first bike trip from 2004, the Katy Trail a 250 mile rail to trail. I don't think I spent over 200.00 on the whole rig. Yes, I did the camo paint job. I did the trail twice with this rig. Forgot all about this bike and trip until I looked at the pictures again! Think it was a Schwinn. My equipment has been upgraded now.

The cooler on the rack kept the beer cold!!

I stayed in a tent every night. Didn't have enough $$ at the time to do anything different.

Notice the small amount of gear; I have always been a lightweight backpacker so I already had the proper gear and didn't have to think about what I needed to carry; had all that figured out. I covered about 30-40 miles a day on the hard packed chat. Not too shabby for a very ill fitted bike. I upgraded to a Trek later on and now a Long Haul Trucker.

Jon
Cold beer: VERY IMPORTANT for clearing out the road dust!

I loved that in Japan they sold Ice in 1kg (2.2lb) bags. Perfect for a nights cold beverages....