Old 06-26-19, 08:13 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
I had a pointlessly eventful commute today.

I left work a little bit early to buy some groceries for dinner. As I approach the grocery store, I saw a Polaris Slingshot. Ha ha, I thought, it’s a recumbent tadpole trike just like mine! It was even orange and black.

As I locked up at the store, I was approached by a bearded guy. "Is that a Terra trike? Can I take a look at it?"

"Sure."

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah..." thinking I might have a live one I volunteer I’ll be selling it soon.

"Well," he says,"Unemployment sucks."

"Yeah, I’ve been there."

"Homelessness sucks too."

"I bet... I’ve never been there. I’m sorry."

"Oh, don’t be sorry. I get food stamps!" Taking this to mean he’s not asking for a handout, I tell him to have a nice day. Yes, this is Folsom, where people who can feed and house a roofless sports car shop at the same store as those with no house.

I go through the store and find at the checkout I’ve left my debit card in my pants at work. I hurry home before I discover I don't have a house anymore either.

As I climb up to my house there's a young lady standing in the street with her back to me with her head down in the cell phone position and her legs very crossed, like opposite shoulder width. I assume she's texting but she gives a big jerk and a little kite rises in front of her! As I pedal by I tell her it's a nice day for it, she says she doesn't know what to do and she's going to get her mom for help. Hope she got it working.

Last edited by Darth Lefty; 06-26-19 at 10:48 PM.