View Single Post
Old 06-25-18, 04:36 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked 2,808 Times in 1,534 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Difference being...you do things right and smart...no you won't get attacked by sharks, and no you (most likely) won't get melanoma.

You can, and do, do everything right cycling on paved roads (obeying the letter and spirit of the law)....you will get verbal abuse hurled at you on a daily basis, you will have your life threatened, and odds are if you get hurt/killed the perp will get away without punishment. By the gene lottery I'm fortunate being a guy--I get half the verbal abuse I know some women cyclists get hurled at them.
Sir, I feel for you if this is your daily experience. My daily experience is much different. In the last 20 years or so, have been yelled at once (and an apple thrown) by some high school punks, and maybe been beeped at once or twice because a motorist had to wait. No swerves or purposeful close calls.

as for the sharks, the only way to avoid 100% is to not get in the ocean, but i choose not to do that. Just like if you want to be 100% sure you are not hit on the road is to not ride on the road, but I also choose not to do that...to me that is not living life. your choices and the OP's choices will differ depending on personal viewpoint

Likes For squirtdad: