E53 
Chuggin' Along

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Mailbox Tour

One ride I love to do is the ride from Auburn back home to Billerica. It's 55 miles of varied terrain. My route starts off near the Auburn Mall on Pakachoag Road where the town has installed this anti-bicycle road grate.
Going South, I head up onto Central Street toward Town Hall. There is a little climb there, and on Strava it is called "Stairway to Heaven". This climb isn't such a much, but there's a cool old piece of equipment that's pretty cool.
From Central to South Street, then across Rt 20 to Stone Rd then Auburn Sportsman's club is on the right. Next comes the biggest hill on the ride. Looking at it on Strava, the hill is about a half mile long, and starts off at around 19 degrees. I gradually slopes to 10ish, but it gives this old guy a pretty good workout.
Once on the top of this road, the fun begins. Here is a repurposed bike made into a funky planter.
Now I start heading north toward Millbury. There is a field where there are a few cows which I usually stop to shoot the breeze with.
Through Millbury and onto Riverlin Road, and then I pick up 122A for a few miles. I pass by Noel Motors where I bought my gently used Pickup truck a few years ago. A zig and a zag, then I'm at the start of route 30 in Grafton. I think this is my favorite part of the ride. I goes through the campus of Cummins Veterinary School, and Tufts is on the right.
A gentle climb brings me to a hilltop pasture.

First cool mailbox is this eagle. If you look close you'll see that he's clutching a fish.

Second cool mailbox is this moose. They need to paint the mailbox brown though. Come on people!

This was my final pic from this ride. The Mass Fire academy in Stow.