Old 08-03-19, 01:03 PM
E53 
Chuggin' Along

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
This was a day to remember! It was supposed to rain at some point, but I took a chance. After I left Fern's, I headed up 225, and a couple of guys on Harleys passed me going up the first hill. I marveled at how far they could turn their wrists to add power to the climb, then I choked on the exhaust fumes for the next quarter mile. As I came up and over the next big hill, it started to sprinkle. Soon after, I saw the two Harley riders taking refuge under a big tree by the side of the road. Pansies!
I got into Harvard non-stop, and there was a big skateboarding event in the center of town. They had one of the streets blocked off, and a police and EMS presence too. After a quick coffee, I headed out toward Bolton, and my favorite down-hill road called "Golden Run Rd." I was going down Golden Run at a pretty good speed with my big stupid mouth wide open, when a bug flew in and hit hard at the back of my throat! This thing really hurt, and made me miserable for the next 20 or so miles. A Coolata at the West Concord DD really helped!
Okay fine... the rest of the ride was pretty normal until I got near home. My ride was a few tenths short of fifty miles, so I decided to ride to the corner store to get my lottery for tonight. On the way there, I saw a Police cruiser flashing blue, and heading in the opposite direction. On my way back, they had the road blocked off, and I was told to leave immediately. It looked like a potential SWAT deal going down, so I detoured around, and wound up with 52 miles for the day. Oh, the rain pretty much stopped by the time I got into Harvard, but I wonder how those "Harley" guys made out.
Likes For E53: