View Single Post
Old 05-21-20, 06:49 PM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane, Bianchi Intenso, Specialized Epic Evo, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Some other stuff

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by CoogansBluff
I was surprised to get the announcement this morning that the main club that I ride with is resuming group rides as early as this weekend.

I realize group rides are occurring in some parts of the country. Locally, I don't know what has changed since the original decision to shut group rides down. I understand opening up certain businesses with guidelines on how to make that safe. Seems that group rides are not only less essential, but more difficult to keep safe.

Curious what folks think about resuming group rides.
Meh...Folks can decide to do whatever they want. My wife and I make the decisions in our family and will allow us to reintegrate as we see fit based on actual data from credible sources. Critical thinking is the key. I don't think getting that close to anyone outside my family unit is prudent at this time. There are too many unknowns...I will say that we are in a privileged position and can afford to stay home. There are others that can't so I can understand their need to reintegrate faster than our family. I still can't see how anyone could ever see a group ride as being essential or safe. Athletes take in and expel a ton of air. Seems like a recipe for disaster if anyone happened to be infected.

Last edited by Pizzaiolo Americano; 05-21-20 at 06:56 PM.