Old 05-29-20, 11:10 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 3,979 Times in 1,413 Posts
Originally Posted by Oneder
I get more wary while on the bike than anything, but it is understandable since your adrenaline is up while riding. Just try and stay in control. I do keep a large u-lock with me in case I get someone attacking me or something but so far no problem yet though I have had idiots yelling about nonsense ad nauseum because most people are entitled idiots who don't have any idea what the laws are they just get mad if they have to wait 2 seconds for a cicyclist or step aside one foot or pay attention for 2 seconds of their selfish life.
Where the heck are you riding? From this and a few of your other posts it sounds like you’re cycling in a Mad Max type scenario.

You write that most people are “entitled idiots who don’t have any idea what the laws are they just get mad if they have to wait 2 seconds.” MOST people? Really? In my experience I’d say a tiny, tiny fraction of drivers act that way.

If you feel like you need to carry a u-lock for self-defense, you might want to reconsider riding. Or maybe move. Knitting or stamp collecting are pretty safe alternatives. You also might not want to post about your u-lock self-defense system on the internet. Guess what happens when you clock one of those drivers with your u-lock? Your internet post won’t look good in court.