Old 05-29-20, 11:41 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 3,979 Times in 1,413 Posts
Originally Posted by Oneder
It pretty much is mad max, at least when it comes to dealing with pedestrians. Most of the drivers are OK but there are a lot of them on some of the roads I pass to get to the bike trail. I don't care if the cops see that, I would never do anything that was unwarranted and they are not going to chase people down over a minor incident anyway. Hotheads aside (and there's lots of them who object to me being on the sidewalk or being in the bike lane or being in the gutter or on and on) I've been attacked by homeless people by surprise before and if that happens on the bike then I want to be sure I am ready.

I already moved from california because the whole state has turned into a dumpster fire which is unlivable unless you are a retired multimillionaire or otherwise lucky enough to live in a beach city and not to have to commute. It's actually pretty safe here in vegas but between the street people and hot/cold/windy weather the awful drivers and the plentiful traffic it is not the best bicycle environment. I am sure out in the country it is better but the whole country is changing dramatically and it shows no signs of slowing down or changing for the better any time soon.
Your hyperbole cracks me up. I can assure you the whole state has not turned into a dumpster fire. Now, I don’t care to live there, but your characterization is almost amusing.

Out in the country? The Dallas area has almost 4 times the population of the Las Vegas area. The drivers here are nothing like what you describe in “the big city.”