Old 06-01-20, 10:01 AM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Btw - I cannot blame this event on being shut in or staying at home and eating weird food. I'm considered an essential worker

I had gotten accustomed to weighing myself every day and this was a tool that told me when I needed to back off a bit

the absence of that simple scale for a couple months plus my generally poor discipline with beer lately did me in
I can relate. I'm about to go weigh myself for the first time in a couple of months. I think my subconscious used avoiding the scale as a way to shirk self-accountability for some of the poor choices I made at times during the quarantine. When I weigh myself and see the progress I'm making I feel really encouraged not to waste it, or I see the weight getting higher and have to face the music and realize that I'm screwing up. In the early weeks of the quarantine I made horrible choices mostly related to buying and eating bread, but also some beer and snacks. These were things that I'd been avoiding for a long time, then all of a sudden during the quarantine we stocked up on items I hadn't bought in months, then promptly went home and started eating it. The discipline was right out the window. I could see myself doing it, too, and just simply ignored the internal pleas for self-restraint.

Anyhow yeah, I'm going to go weigh myself and face up to what damage I did over the last couple of months. I already rebounded nicely in May in terms of my exercise, and though I had my lapses in eating during May my restraint was far better than it was in April, so I've got quite a bit of recent success to build on. Getting back to the regular private weigh-ins will just help strengthen and organize the efforts.