Old 06-08-20, 04:09 PM
Archinutt
Enthusiast

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, Giant OCR-1, and a 1996 Raleigh M60 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It is true that my question was vague and I didn't quite know what I was asking...Which is why I asked

A couple of updates. When I say average 12-13 mph, that's the computer read will all the stops built in. no wind and flat natural pace for me is around 18-20 but that's hard to say because of all of the variables.

I don't have a cadence counter but this weekend was on longer straights and did several counts using a 60 second timer while counting rotations. The average cadence for how I have been riding for a while is about 74-75 rpm. I did a few where I consciencly spun faster but at a pace I thought I could keep for a good long while (close to bouncing but not bouncing) and got to the 85 range. I did several of really spinning but something I could get used to and was in the mid low 90's. It was a cool experiment. I will keep it up as suggested here and see what happens to my speed.

Armed with all of this new knowledge and thinking of a few short, but very very steep hills on my favorite rides (plus just wanting something different to experiment with) I ordered the 11-25 and am not messing with the front gears.

Thanks everyone...my bemoaning was more a surprise on where the conversation went. I learnt a ton - thank y'all