Old 06-15-20, 06:21 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by tallbikeman
SethAZ thanks for the technical update on your front wheel. I'm checking out this rim manufacturer for a wheelset buildup in the near future. I had not heard of this manufacturer. I've been wanting to build a very aero rim into a wheelset.
Light-Bicycle has been around for a few years, selling their own rims under their own name and acting like a real company. They've got a pretty good reputation, and I trust them more than I'd trust someone reselling anonymously sourced stuff on fleaBay or Alibaba or whatever. I've only used one pair of rims from them before this, but they've been great so far with probably around 3000 miles on them so far, and I've got no complaints or criticisms. I haven't scientifically tested them or anything. So far I've only bought rims from the, but they also sell whole wheelsets with several different hub and spoke options and whatnot that you can select. I got the rims only for my first wheelset with their rims because the 36h front and rear that I wanted for my AeroClyde 1.0 wheelset, combined with disc brakes and a funky 15mm thru-axle (I've got a gravel fork on my bike, and 15mm was the size that came with it. Kinda wish I had the now-standard 12mm thru-axle instead) pretty much limited me to just the White Industries hubs. So I had to build these myself, which I liked doing anyways. If your specific needs line up with what they can build, however, their wheelsets look like a pretty good deal.