Old 03-07-17, 03:26 PM
Deathoftheparty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm looking to race the track this year. I would just ride the rental bikes, but no adjustments are allowed to be made other than saddle height, and they won't allow you to race on them anyway. My question is, what's stopping me from buying this bike?

Aventon Cordoba. (The older model) the 2017 model provides too much rake in the front end. (I don't have enough posts to include a URL sadly.)

In my size, I get a 75 degree ST and the HT with the supplied fork nets me a trail of 56mm. The 52mm BB drop seems acceptable for my track. (333 meters, and 33 degrees in the turns)

I know it's not the brand name that everyone knows and loves, but I actually have some SRAM Omniums, and a Carbon Specialized Tri-Spoke I pulled off a 'hipster fixie' find on Craigslist. And from what I've been told and gathered, 6000 series aluminum is all the same. With that said, some decent bars, and a better rear wheel for racing would make this a decent bike for my purposes.

I'm not trying to break the bank as I still need to pay for season fees on top of this. I'm not afraid to go the upgrade path of parts over time, and the fixed gear scene is big enough in my city that I shouldn't lose a ton trying to sell the parts I replace.

If this is a terrible choice, please point me in the direction of something else.