Old 03-30-20, 10:55 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by profjmb
Don't know if this is the right forum, but it seemed the best choice:

I'm going to bring a bike inside when my trainer arrives. (I'm not allowed outside for you know why.) My wife wants to wipe down the bike with a highly diluted bleach solution (4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water) and let it sit to dry before bringing it in. My bike is titanium, with carbon wheels. Is this going to harm the bike?
First of all, don't believe anyone who says you should use straight bleach instead of a diluted solution. Bleach solutions for sanitizing are very dilute (can't remember exactly, but very dilute.. what your wife recommends is probably correct).

Second, I might suggest you find some real expert guidelines for sanitizing hard surfaces rather than people like us. CDC guidelines will probably be the first thing that comes up if you do a web search.

If nobody but you has used or handled your bike and you're just bringing it inside, why sanitize it? Just clean it appropriate for bringing indoors.

I would do a quick sanitization of anything like a trainer I got shipped - using commonly available guidelines.