Old 03-31-20, 10:44 AM
sirjag

Bikes: Giant Contend SL 1 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by profjmb
From the original poster: I appreciate all the replies so far. To clarify: no one is sick here. I am not allowed to ride outside, and I have accepted this fate. My wife has lupus, and she is also...anxious about germs. She is also scientifically sophisticated and is convincible. We live in a condo building with a basement, where my bike is. She is worried someone using the basement may have the virus, and so doesn't want me just to bring it inside. My take so far is:

1. for the highly diluted solution, there is little worry of damage to my (titanium) bike
2. there is also not much reason to prefer bleach to some other things like alcohol. (Regarding the National Geographic article arguing for soap and water, which I forwarded but did not read, she says it's about skin and won't disinfect metal.)
3. I'm in Chicago and it may be rainy, so I don't want to leave my bike outside for 2 days

cyccommute, since you have been singled out as an expert, given the above, what would you do?
I know your pain man, my wife has Kidney failure awaiting transplant, and zero immune system. Keep mama safe! sometimes the mental stability is just as important, dont stress her needlessly....as i'm sure you already now.
JAG