View Single Post
Old 04-13-21, 03:27 PM
ClimberDude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit531
105 is pretty common stuff. If you're looking for vintage components, watch your local craigslist for a bike that's equipped with 105 and cannibalize it. Shouldn't take too long if you're anywhere near a good-sized city, and it'll save you some money.

If you want new, modern 105 with integrated shifters and 12 cogs or whatever, best to pay a little more (or even a lot more) and buy from a reputable source. Call around. Maybe there's something at your LBS.
First of all I do want the modern 11 speed version as it is a current bicycle frame. I would be willing to pay a little more but not 2-3x more by having to buy individual pieces and almost no one has all the pieces at this point, except in Ultegra and DuraAce. The LBS are telling me that parts are very hard to get and that of course drives prices up. So if someone has had a good experience in buying from a foreign market where the groupset is available at a reasonable price, I'm willing to try it as you are protected using Paypal. But it would be worthwhile knowing what seller people have used with success. Thanks for your reply.