Old 04-13-21, 03:46 PM
Rodrigo Kenobi

Bikes: Trek Domane AL 5 Disc 2022

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by ClimberDude
First of all I do want the modern 11 speed version as it is a current bicycle frame. I would be willing to pay a little more but not 2-3x more by having to buy individual pieces and almost no one has all the pieces at this point, except in Ultegra and DuraAce. The LBS are telling me that parts are very hard to get and that of course drives prices up. So if someone has had a good experience in buying from a foreign market where the groupset is available at a reasonable price, I'm willing to try it as you are protected using Paypal. But it would be worthwhile knowing what seller people have used with success. Thanks for your reply.

I've had sucess buying Shimano parts from Aliexpress. Everything I bought was genuine and brand new, but sometimes you get the product only, without a box. You won't have Shimano's warranty, obviously. Anrancee Cycling and Chaser Store are some of the sellers I bought from. Can't post links yet, sorry. I just did a search for "105 groupset" and found several listings. Go for the ones with a lot of sales and few complaints from buyers. Even so, there are risks. That's why the stuff is cheaper than buying thru proper channels.

Yes, I know the right thing to do would be to buy that stuff directly from Shimano in my country or a LBS, but our economy is in the dump and our currency is severely devalued. So anything imported is extraordinarily expensive. That is one way for us down here to buy new and genuine parts.