View Single Post
Old 04-15-21, 12:19 AM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by ClimberDude
First of all I do want the modern 11 speed version as it is a current bicycle frame. I would be willing to pay a little more but not 2-3x more by having to buy individual pieces and almost no one has all the pieces at this point, except in Ultegra and DuraAce. The LBS are telling me that parts are very hard to get and that of course drives prices up. So if someone has had a good experience in buying from a foreign market where the groupset is available at a reasonable price, I'm willing to try it as you are protected using Paypal. But it would be worthwhile knowing what seller people have used with success. Thanks for your reply.
Not to be argumentative, but 10 speed cassette will fit on 11 speed wheels, therefore you could use a 10 speed group if you decide to go that way. Might be a good idea just to get up and running without doing the search and premium paying that is the game you have to play these days to get new stuff which might take you through a lot of the riding season. I just went through it. I wasn't horribly cost conscious this spring (thank you stimulus check), so I just bought whatever I could find and will not add up the costs and hurt my feelings (I'm a guy who will spend a lot of time and effort finding the best price on stuff).

The latest versions of 10 speed are really good stuff. Then, as we're all hoping, you could pretty easily upgrade later and sell the 10 speed stuff for probably not much less than you bought it. Just a thought.