Old 03-28-20, 02:31 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Most of us have been sent home ... not for 14 days, but for the next several months. It's not going to be gone in 14 days.

An interesting ... and quite realistic ... read:

Coronavirus across the world: What happens next?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...cbbf1e3#.156fc

"When will normalcy return?

The answer is simple.

We don’t know. But we know what it will take.

We can only hit the streets again in the same way we did back in January once some 80 per cent of the population has resistance to COVID19.

And you only get that once you’ve had the disease and recover.

Or, you get a vaccination.

Australia can only open for business once again when the risk can be managed. And that won’t be easy.

It will need all-encompassing testing. Massive contact tracing. Isolating the infected.

This could entail privacy-intruding surveillance and monitoring that goes against our democratic grain.

And it could last up to two years."
I read something very much like this in the Atlantic. I had two problems with both but they were just my opinion. First I don't trust the WHO. They covered for several months for China in the number of cases and how it was spread. Far more than medical experts they have become political. But The CDC is not positive we will be immune once we recover so if we rely on the herd mentality we could lose 20 percent this season and 20 percent next season. If that becomes the norm, that Covid 19 is like catching a cold, then the days of dense living , dense mass transit even dense shopping will become a thing of the past I think. I believe we might have a major shift in human interaction. At least I see in now and it didn't take that long for us to limit our contact with other people. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html