Old 08-26-18, 07:22 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11008 Post(s)
Liked 7,536 Times in 4,214 Posts
Originally Posted by b88
I was just about to switch and try the Clement Xplor MSOs till I read this. I switched out my road tires for gravel tires. Feeling slower is not the right words. It's more like are my brake pads touching the rotors when I ride. If anyone has a suggestion for a tubeless tire 700 x 32/35 width thats almost as fast as road tires, plus highly puncture resistant, I'm all ears.
what road tires are you wanting these 32/35mm Gravel tires to be almost as fast as?
tires are just so different in performance depending on structure that there are 35mm gravel tires which are as fast as some road tires, but slower than other road tires.

the Donnelly USH comes in 32mm tubeless. The MSO comes in 36mm tubeless.

expecting a 35mm tire to be as fast as a road tire(presumably good one like Conti gp4000) while also being highly puncture resistant is a heck of a goal.
puncture resistance means a slower tire. A wider heavier tire also, in general, means slower due to more rolling resistance.
take a wider heavier tire and add highly puncture resistance to it and its tough to think you can get a tire to be as fast as a quality road tire.

then again, if a gatorskin is what you view as a quality road tire, then there are plenty of 32/35mm gravel options thatll be similar in speed and reliability.