View Single Post
Old 11-10-13, 05:54 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Today I did my usual "commute". I rode up the hill to the top of the bluffs over the river, 300 feet down the hill to the river, over the bicycle/pedestrian bridge to Two Rivers park and spent some time sitting on my favorite bench contemplating the Arkansas river.

Then I rode the length of Two Rivers Park and the length of County Farm Rd. The park was a lush forest, changing colors and just filled with people. With its accessibility and lovely woods, it's quickly become a favorite place for people to take portraits.

County Farm Rd is straight, flat, traffic and signal free for several miles with a great view of farms, the bluffs, cows and horses. Then I stopped by the grocery store and returned back home through some nice neighborhoods and a golf course. It's about a 13.3 mile trip.

The best moment was that while riding up to the top of the bluffs, I got passed by a Jeep with 3 bikes on the bike rack. When I finally made it to the bottom of the hill and into the parking lot for the park, he was driving around in circles looking for a parking spot. I just rode into the park, unhampered by a car.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 11-10-13 at 06:07 PM.