View Single Post
Old 05-24-18, 08:30 PM
noOriginalNames

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I have nominal 28 mm tires that measure 33.1 mm with calipers on my C3.

I think I could probably go to 35 mm if I wanted to, but I might be wrong. And I have no desire to mount bigger rubber.

In my area, 28/32 mm is plenty for dirt roads and light trails.

I love mine.
33mm really? Would you mind snapping a quick picture of the clearance where the chain stays meet the bottom bracket? That looked like the tightest spot on the bike I rode the other day. Love the flared bar you have on there, rode a few other bikes with them and man are they comfy!

Originally Posted by Campag4life
A Specialized Diverge is worth a look because of friendly head tube length for your long legs and tire clearance. If you don't want the future shock...I wouldn't, look for a 2017 model.
I rode the lowest end entry model with an aluminum frame (diff geo and clearances than the carbon version) and I have thought of ordering at 61cm in the carbon version but it's crazy expensive and I can't find one to ride to be sure it would fit. Almost $1500 for a similarly spec'd, but still slightly inferior build and all I would be gaining is the tire clearance (which admittedly would be nice) and the Future Shock (I could do without). I don't think I'm willing to spend that kind of money...

Thanks for the input everyone, it is much appreciated!