View Single Post
Old 05-26-18, 08:06 PM
noOriginalNames

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Really? How much is the C3 that you've got your eye on? The Domane SL5 Gravel, which I own, has Ultegra-level levers and calipers, 105 everything else, and retails for $2500 - great value, IMO. Otherwise, the 'regular' SL5 Disc, with all 105, goes for $2600.
The C3 is $3165 with taxes, a Domane SL5 (standard or gravel) would be about $3840... I live in Canada, bikes (and many other things) are quite expensive here...

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I'll try to get you a picture. I have a real camera with a lens that's good for close up stuff like this, but the battery charger went missing and at the moment all I have is a cell phone.

However, the tires I ride every day measure out to 33+ mm. They definitely fit and have a very tiny bit of extra room to clear mud. Mine is the older C3, but I don't think they changed anything except the paint, meaning if they clear mine, they'll clear the one you're looking at. I'm heavy by roadie standards too.

For what it's worth I've had mine for ~9 months and I'm very, very happy with it.
It doesn't have to be crazy high quality, I'm sure a cell phone pic would give me enough of an idea. Glad to hear you like it so much though!