Old 04-27-19, 12:24 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pierce
re suspension seat posts, the Cane Creek Thudbusters (and the no longer available Moxie) totally rock. absolutely no sloppy twisting of the seat, it just goes back and down, which keeps your leg-to-crank distance relatively constant.

if you have sufficient seat post showing with your normal riding position, get the LT version. if you're on the heavy side, put their #7 or #9 elastomer on the Thudbuster.

The most comfortable cushy seat I've tried is the Giant Unity I put this on my wife's bike after she complained about nearly everything else we tried. I avoid springer seats as they tend to roll from side to side while you pedal, very disconcerting... This Unity has rubber elastomers instead of springs, and doesn't do this at all. But, grrr, of course, its no longer made.
Which version of the Thudbuster are you using? The longer or short version?. This is for a road bike so I'm thinking of buying
the short version the short version
. I'd rather have the one I mentioned before but not sure I'm willing to wait till June if I order it. Thudbusters have been around for a good number of years. Not sure if they give a choice of elastomer for the road version though.