View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 03:40 PM
CyclingFool95 

Bikes: 1987 Pinarello Montello, 1996 Litespeed Classic, 1996 Colnago Master Light, 1997 Litespeed Ultimate, 2006 Opera Leonardo FP, 2006 Pinarello Paris FP, 1984 Pinarello Record, 89-ish Cornelo Profilo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts
I'm 52, and have been on and off (mostly off) riding for 22 years but I'm trying to really get back into it. I've always found that any layoff of longer than a few weeks required a seat break-in period. I've also found that as I get back into it I've been raising my seat a bit - probably a flexibility thing.

I will caution you to ease back in. I've been pushing a bit and have been finding that I'm more injury prone and recovery is much harder. Currently on cortico-steroids and muscle relaxers for a back/leg injury on the bike last Monday - purely an overuse sort of thing - back was hurting a little before I hit the road, my quad cramped with 4 miles to go on the ride, woke up the next day with my quad screaming and intermittent pain from mid-butt to below my knee - doc diagnosed sciatica. When I was thirty I wouldnt even have noticed. Now, I've been limping for a week.