Old 12-14-08, 08:16 PM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by rotharpunc
yes it is. if you want to get rid of it, or those silver brake levers with the black rubber looking pulls, let me know
Well, the Kookas and clean/NOS Precision Billet stuff will probably find their way onto my red Cannondale. If I can afford to find one, The Phil might get a rear companion and go on a team Miyata single speed project I will someday get around to building. I don't think it has ever been built before, no spoke pull marks on the flanges. I bought the box on the spot once I saw it, hehe.

As to the story on the box of parts...... A friend of mine was at a thrift store a week or two ago, and saw it there. The thrift store owner used to have a bike shop that he closed in the mid nineties. Apparently this was the stuff left over, or his private home stash.

My friend went back and bought it, and he has no need for MTB or road bike parts, being a hardcore balloon tire collector. He must have 25-30 prewar to mid fifties bikes in varying conditions. Anyways, the box of stuff was $25 for him, and he offered it up to me. I told him I'd double his money, and he said fine. He knew they were good parts, so it wasn't like I ripped him off. He just didn't care the possible worth, and passed them on to me.

He's a pretty cool older guy(older than me anyway, lol) who has been into the bike thing his entire life more or less. He's also a pretty strong rider. On the vintage bike ride, he can leave the rest of the guys if he wanted to, and sometimes does. The whole time riding a 45 pound Elgin, or Shelby. etc,,,,BD

Last edited by Bikedued; 12-14-08 at 08:21 PM.