Old 12-15-08, 10:34 AM
anomaly

Bikes: 1972 Paramount Track, 1972 Paramount P13 Road, 1972 Paramount Tandem, 1986 Paramount Road, Merckx MXL, Gunnar Cross Hairs, Samson Illusion NJS, KHS Aero Track, Titus Racer X 29er, Tom Palermo Custom Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kingcounty07
I was at the bike shop the other day working on my new winter project, and a man came in with a dirty old bike he had found in a "barn" on the east side some way or another. It was a mid 1950's Schwinn Paramount Track Bike. I poked around over peoples shoulders to try to look at it and ,overall, besides some rust and dirt and whatnot it was in quite good shape. It was a really cool old bike with one of those old adjustable quill stems and 1 inch pitch chain. I had a short chat with the owner of the shop as he was taking it apart for restoration and he noticed the track hubs were early 3 piece Campagnolo track hubs stamped 60' laced to old Weinmann Wood-cored rims. As far as the other parts i didn't really get a good look i was working on my bike and didn't want to get in the way, but it was a truly beautiful bike and at that point in my jealousy i decided that this spring I am going to make it a point to frequent all the garage and yard sales i can find, especially in the boonies and the east side, in hopes of lightning striking twice.
You should have got his number, there are many of us who would have gladly bought it.