View Single Post
Old 09-02-18, 05:51 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by Piperflyer
Honestly, if you are car free you would find a way. You say you cant rent a car due to their hours of operation? Well to me that sounds like you need to take a day off just to go pick up the car. The train is only 130 miles from where you want to go? People ride that in a day... you could take a train, ride a day to your spot, ride back to train and come on home. Yeah you might not get as much time there but the cycling is apart of the adventure.
And the necessary gear he couldn't haul on a bike ... ahh, yess ... he could spend his whole vacation ferrying gear to the train ... and then rent a truck to haul it back in time to start work. after all, that's part of the adventure ... except ... it;'s not the adventure he wants.

Why not just admit ... as many thoughtful honest people will, that living car free cuts off a lot of options?

After decades car free I KNOW this to be true. Did it anyway. But I didn't lie to myself about it.