View Single Post
Old 08-05-19, 01:55 AM
Rik Pape

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My inb head tube measures 33mm.

I too am trying to install a Chris King headset, threaded. Which one did you use? Where did you get your adapter? My head tube measures 33mm. I tried an adapter from Porkchop bmx but it measures 32.5. That is also the measurement of the Wald headset that people say fits. Has anyone measured their headtube ID?

Originally Posted by surreal
I got a few, with a few more in the works. Will post pics as an edit later...

I built one as a town bike; it's a black INB frame from 2008 with the 80s-style lugged-crown fork. Running 180mm OPC with 44t Wald sprocket, 36h velosteel out back, Sturmey x-fdd in the front, both laced to Sun mtx33s with the stickers peeled off. Wald 867 bars/ Wald stem, newbaum's tape. Brooks B17, Busch&Mueller iq cyo dynamo light. Rolling on fat franks with full-fenders. I commute on this one a lot.

I built another INB with some BMX goodies. 2010 frame, SE Landing Gear fork, Profile Wedge stem, seatpost clamp, flywheel sprocket. S&M Crusier slam bars, ame grips, sturmey x-fd/x-rd ss hubset, laced to sun eq31 rims with some gumwall kendas on 'em. Cheapest saddle on earth, but oddly enough, a chris king headset.

The third complete one we've got is my wife's errand bike. Super-rusty red INB frame with the monstrous new-school unicrown Worksman fork. Running the original wheels from my LGB; 20" front/26" in the back, with a knobby/slick configuration. Sissy bar, banana seat, Wald riser bars and x-long stem, with a Basket. Craziest pike we've got.

I have a LGB that I'm rebuilding/sprucing up as my grocery getter/bizness bike-- I think I'm gonna start selling ym soap at the farmer's market next year. It's a work in progress, but I got big plans.

I've been collecting parts for a Worksman fixed gear, but that's a ways off for now.

For the record: none of my worksmans (Worksmen?) have ever touched the beach.