froging
Fully Relying On God

Bikes: Schwinn Skyliner Comfort Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IBOHUNT
I'd like to add my own tips for 'newbie' riders...

Eye protection. You'll get a bug hit at some point in time and more than likely it won't be when you are trudging up a hill at 10 mph but on a descent at 35 mph. Had one in the forehead, above my glasses and below the helmet, yesterday and it hurt. Can't imagine what may have happened if it was in the eye.

Also, it doesn't matter how many blinky lights or orange/neon clothes you wear. Once you get on a bike and are on the road it seems that a Star Trek cloaking device gets on with you. You will not be seen by some folks in vehicles. Make eye contact
Wow 55 male here ride to and from work, shine, rain, and snow (ice biking it's called) how right you are. I have a light that blinks and can be seen from the sides also, on my handle bars. I have a miners light on my helmet. Then I have a red blinking light on the back of my bike. I have saddle bags in back on each side with reflective white seems. Can drivers see me? Half can't OH and my helmet has a greenish yellowish rain cap, and I wear a greenish yellowish vest. Thank G_d for my squeeze blab horn it has saved my life lots of times.