Old 07-10-12, 12:01 PM
chasm54
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
I feel a little odd starting this thread, but I think we'd all agree we need it.
Don't feel odd, we do need it. Quite apart from picking up tips from one another, it will be a useful place to talk about how our training needs have changed as we get older. Speaking for myself, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I need to get:

A. More systematic;

B. More focussed on recovery.

I'm too used to assuming that I can just do what I feel like and still improve, and I am still coming to terms with the fact that I don't recover as fast as I used to. So despite understanding the theory, I still have a tendency to make the easy rides too hard and, in consequence, to fail to recover enough to be able to go as hard as I should on the hard days. I need to be more disciplined, spend more time on the bottom and top ends, and less in the middle. And I still need to lose more weight. If you saw my diet, you'd think I must look like Bradley Wiggins. I'm pretty confident that Brad doesn't drink much wine, though... It's going to have to go.

My heart rate numbers will be all scrambled on the upload, though, because my strap was too loose and it ended up around my tummy. I hate it when that happens.
LOL. Now that's one problem I have yet to encounter. Get yourself a 44-inch chest, Sara - not much chance of my strap coming loose.