skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by panchothepug
I decided to proceed with Central California during the very last week of March since it has a lower probability of rain showers. Even one little bit of probability helps.

My new stops are land at Monterey Airport on day 0, spend the night in Monterey.
Day 1 - Monterey to Big Sur Lodge, doing the 17 miles loop around Carmel by the Sea.
Day 2 - Big Sur Lodge to Treebones resort (the one with the Yurts)
Day 3 - Treebones resort Cambria
Day 4 - Cambria to San Luis Obispo, that will be on Saturday March 30th, when I'll eiher spend the night in San Luis Obispo OR take the 7M flight to New York.

I'd like help finding a place where I could pay to take a shower in San Luis Obispo. I know about Warmshowers but have never used it and would rather just pay and get it over with. Any advice?
Have you checked to see if you can fly out of the SLO airport with a bicycle as luggage? That's a really small airport with small 'regional' jets or turbo-props, and I don't think they can fit a bicycle on those types of planes. You might have to take the early morning Amtrak from SLO to the L.A. area, then get a ride over to LAX or Burbank Airport to catch a late-afternoon/evening flight back to NYC.