View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 02:41 AM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,528 Times in 916 Posts
Originally Posted by katsup
Thanks, Trek calls the color "Pearl Silver with Intense Blue" but I call it white. The brown was accidental as I had the components before the bike. The saddle was also intended to be brown, but the current saddle is more comfy. I almost bought bubble gum pink bar tape to match the pink in the outline of the blue writing, maybe in the future when I wear out my brown tires.

The mountain bikes from that era are awesome, I have 3.
Pearl Silver?? Still nice-looking. Definitely, go with the comfy saddle. Bubblegum pink, huh? It'll certainly be -- bright.

I now have two from that era; one a greasy mess, and the other a frame and fork. The Rincon is going to be my learning bike; I want to tear it apart, clean it up, and rebuild it, including having the frame & fork powder coated olive green. The Rockhopper is going to be built up as a road/tourer. My first steel-framed bikes! Now, if it'll just stop raining for a minute...