Old 06-05-17, 06:50 PM
jskash

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Sirrus 6 and 2018 Giant Escape Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Whib
I just ordered a 2018 Giant Escape 1 Disc from local bike shop; the owner tells me it should be here mid June. I was considering several different bikes, but my experience at this local shop is what solidified the deal for me over other brands.
Now I'm curious: Does anyone have any experience with the Escape that you'd care to share?
I ride a 2016 Escape 1. It has been the perfect bike for me. I started on a Giant Cypress, but found that I wanted something a bit more aggressive. The Escape was exactly what I wanted.

The bike has performed very well. In terms of wear and tear, I wore out the rear tire in about 3,000 miles and replaced both tires with Specialized Crossroads Armadillos. The tires are a bit wider and heavier, but they last a lot longer and have good flat protection.

The other upgrades I have made was to the pedals and grips. I put on Shimano MX80 flat pedals and Ergon grips. I also had to replace the saddle after about a year. It was cracking. I replaced it with WTB Speed Progel. It was what the LBS had. It has been a good replacement.

The last thing I would say is when you have to replace the chain, put on a good one. I put on the Shimano XT/Ultega CN-GH 93 chain and it has lasted for over 7,000 miles so far.