Old 07-15-19, 09:01 AM
FlashBazbo
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts
Does this bike exist?

First, I have to acknowledge that this post is, in part, a rant and, in part, a desire to find a bike I can have a long-term loving relationship with. I will also acknowledge that I'm an early adopter when it comes to bike technology and that, more and more frequently these days, that means I end up with negative product experiences. And I still remember the days when you could buy a bike, get it fit, and never ever have to have it fixed. Unless you had a bad crash, the only "service" items were replacing tires, tubes, and chains when they wore out. Completely reliable and unquestionably fast. [My newest BMC SLR01 has had me back to the dealer for four (4) warranty claims. All of them for unnecessary "innovations" that don't work as well as traditional technologies even when they're working right.] Hence my question.

I would love to have a bike that provides (or excludes) all the following:
  • Carbon frameset, total bike weight of 16.5 pounds or less.
  • Di2 shifting, internally routed but NOT routed through the stem/steerer tube.
  • Disc brakes & 12mm thru axles.
  • THREADED bottom bracket. Ideally T47, but I would accept English.
  • Conventional seat post clamp (not integrated, not concealed, not a "wedge" type).
  • A conventional steerer tube / stem combination for max adjustability and component interchangeability. No, I don't want "aero" spacers. Give me the old fashioned round kind so I can set up the bike LOW for triathlons and back up normal for the road.
  • 2-bolt seatpost for easy adjustment.
  • No suspension, flex zones, isospeed, springs, elastomers.
  • Reputable manufacturer with support to back it up.
This is a serious question: Does that bike exist in a new bike showroom? What is it? [I'll sell my BMC in a heartbeat and buy one!]