Old 01-26-19, 12:32 AM
BicycleSafari
Safari Master

Bikes: 84 Ross Mt.Whitney - 84 Specialized Stump Jumper - 84 Nishiki Kodiak - 86 Specialized Rockhopper - 86 Cannondal SM-600 with 24" wheels - + more project frames than I'd care to admit to

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
@BicycleSafari Those tires set the chrome off nicely. What brand?
They're made by Innova (57-559) 26x2.125 the pattern designation is IA-2704. They're pretty standard beach cruiser tires. I got mine at a bike swap, and haven't had any luck finding another set since. They're a hard color to find because it's a darker brown. There are a lot of "clay" brown 26" tires out there but they have a lot more of a red tint to them compared to these darker ones. I know Continental makes a cruiser tire that is a similar brown to this, the only downside for me was that they have a reflective strip that runs through the middle of the side wall of the tire, and my vanity about the look of this build wouldn't allow me to compromise AND be safer on the road at the same time. Just makes too much sense.
They are super sturdy tires, they absolutely max out the clearance for this frame, and they handle pavement and gravel just fine. I have considered trying out the Maxxis DTH tires for this bike, even though the idea of letting go of the color scheme is hard. Would definitely be into hearing anybody else's experience with their favorite tires.

Originally Posted by jpaschall
SO sick.
Thanks man! It's the best bike I've ever ridden. It lives in my den when it's not thrashing about with me.