Old 09-17-19, 10:52 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
If for comfort, they sell aero road bars in any width you want. Go the same width you normally ride. To avoid a geometry change, go with something like a Zipp SL or an Easton aero bar. They don't really adjust the reach to give an "aero hoods" position and that further rearward "climbing/comfort" position. But, in general don't alter the reach.

Something like an Aeronova, be careful. They intentionally sweep the bars forward for more reach so that the hoods are more aero a position and the bar's profile to aspect ratio can be more aggressive to the 3:1 rule. They still have a "hoods" kind of position further back that is comfy and flat, but you can't reach the shifters from there.

I've attached a set of bars I got that do have the forward sweep, the picture makes it pretty obvious what to look out for (avoid) for comfort. You can clearly see my bars sweep forward almost a full 20mm.

But yes, aero bars are super comfortable to ride. Also, mine absorb road vibrations better than my alloy bars did.

Note that this Easton doesn't sweep forward that extra 20mm.......