View Single Post
Old 02-07-20, 03:31 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by The_NinthWave
Nice bike! They have no reseller in Canada nor U.S.A but they seem to ship worldwide. That might be a problem if one experiences any trouble under warranty.

By the way, I have a student which parents are Dutchs. His mother tongue is french but he speaks Dutch as well. He said he goes often to the Netherlands and that bike theft is a real PITA there, specially for parts where one can come back and finds it ripped from essentiel components.

PS: I had to edit your quote because I cannot post URLs yet
There seem to be two of them in Montreal now: Allo Vélo Boutique & Café and VeloLifestyle.

Bike theft is an issue but less so than it was, let's say 20 years ago, when you had junkies on street corners selling bikes for the price of a single fix. It still happens but with bicycle parking in most major cities I actually feel safer nowadays. And it is pretty standard to use both a frame lock together with a chain frame lock. That's close to 2KG (4.4lbs) in locks you're carrying around but it does keep your bike safe.

Last edited by JaccoW; 02-07-20 at 07:30 AM.