View Single Post
Old 02-24-21, 12:57 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,713 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe
Neither of my two bolt posts work like that.
Your back-and-forth with Hiro11 underscores my point that there are lots of different seatpost designs in both 1- and 2-bolt designs, so just saying a post is one or the other doesn’t really say much.

As another example,should 2-bolt refer to two bolts used to clamp the rails, or should it include systems like the above Forte post where only one bolt clamps the rails and he other controls angle? The original American Classic post from the mid ‘80s had a similar division of labor with two bolts controlling saddle position, but the angle adjustment bolt is not really bolted to anything, and is really more just a set screw, yet performs the same basic function as the second bolt in the Forte system. You can see that in the pic below. Personally, I use 2-bolt to refer to rail clamping, but it’s admittedly an arbitrary distinction.