Old 03-04-18, 06:21 PM
kbarch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sort of a perfunctory roller session yesterday as the wind blew like crazy outside. Not that it was all so bad yesterday - they held the races in the park, and others got decent rides in, but I was too chicken (see thread on Tales of Not Riding). 11 miles in half an hour, thanks largely to the lively tempo of the music playing.

Today was a surprise in several ways. When I got to the Alpine Boat Basin, I saw the tide had caused the river to wash over and flood the parking lot - evidently not long before I got there - a friend had been there earlier and it was fine. Thought it was going to be a solo ride, and it was up to Nyack, although I did see some familiar groups heading back on my way up. While stopped for a coffee and staring at the phone, I saw another friend post something about being at the bike shop down the block, so I headed over and there was a big ol' gang of folks to join! We did a bit of climbing and made our way back. Unfortunately, we didn't have quite the tailwind hoped for, as we took the low road before climbing back up from Tenafly. Once we were back up on top of the Palisades, it was just sort of breezy, slightly gusty, and not particularly advantageous. But we had a nice lunch at the end, and a couple more from the gang stopped by while we were there.

Including the ride home, just under 60 miles and 4,000'.