View Single Post
Old 04-13-15, 06:59 PM
h2oxtc

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Altair 4
"Which Timmy's? The one coming into town, the one in the middle of town, or the one leaving town?"
That can be a problem in some locations ... fortunately for me this community only has one.

Originally Posted by Ursa Minor
One time in Vermont I asked a man how to get to Stanwood. In a typical laconic New Englander fashion he replied: This is the Stanwood road. It goes to Stanwood.

Charlie
Hilarious ... I can hear someone saying that.

Originally Posted by crazyb
I got lost once on some singletrack trails. There wasn't anybody there to ask. Just kept riding around till I saw daylight.
All the single track around here either goes up (away from the city), or down (towards the city). Can't get lost on the trails unless you like riding up.

Originally Posted by Bikey Mikey
I once stopped to ask directions on a century I was doing(wasn't sure if I missed a turn), but no one answered the door. It was a really rural area and not many residences around. I kept going the direction I was riding and eventually saw a marker letting me know I was still on the route.
My wife had a similar experience on a half century, found herself riding alone with no signs in sight. Fortunately for you it was a good call to continue and in her case she turned (must have missed the sign). Would have been a few extra miles otherwise.