View Single Post
Old 07-23-19, 05:52 AM
jlockwood98
Dino Sore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
As you can see from the discussion above, your lighting choice may be determined more by the mounting brackets than by the light itself. I've used both Nightrider and Cygolight for years, and have not had any performance problems with either light.

For daytime rear strobe lights on my road bikes, I cannot use a seat-post mount due to the placement of my saddle bags. I have several models of rear Cygolites because they provide a seat-stay mount in addition to a seat-post mount. Some brands only provide a seat post mount. (I avoid attaching lights to clothing, backpacks or saddle bags, as they will rarely be pointing in the correct direction).

For the front lights, I find the Cygolite Zots have a slightly longer rubber band than the Nightrider Swift, so they tend to fit better on ergo-shaped handle bars.

For dedicated night riding, I still use Nightriders (various Lumina models -both helmet and handle-bar mounts) on my gravel and mountain bike.

Anyway, I think its important to consider your mounting options, particularly for the rear lights. Best if you can take your bike to a shop and try the mounting options.