Old 08-28-19, 10:13 PM
robnol
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I dont understand why you consider buying a new bike to be dumb. Each person's priorities and wants are different in this hobby- it shouldn't be difficult to understand and respect that.

I dont understand why some people are willing to pay various amounts for products I dont find the same amount of value in, but I dont consider the people to be dumb- I just consider our priorities and what we value to be different.

Example- to the core, I cant grasp why someone who is just an enthusiast riding 2000mi each year would spend $1200 on a wheelset. To me, it makes no sense because I dont value wheelsets in the same what some others do. But i dont think they are dumb just because i cant see what they see. They view that wheelset as worth the money for their goals/priorities/experiences.

And this is coming from someone whose 4 person family has owned probably 35 bikes in total, has 13 bikes currently, and only 2 of those bikes were purchased new.

If even I think you are being extreme, I cant imagine what those who only buy new think.
when buying a bike the companies will charge whatever they feel the market is willing to pay...the 1200 dollar wheel set probably cost 300 to make