Old 11-23-19, 04:23 PM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked 1,802 Times in 1,037 Posts
Very cool "Grant Petersen/Rivendell-esque" build, but for crying out loud, put some clean tape on it! And get that cruddy tape off the seat tube. Seller is asking enough $$ that he should at least make the cockpit something I won't feel the need for a tetanus shot after a test ride...

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bi...025940581.html

Miyata 310 - 650b - Generator/lights (Arlington)

For sale is a vintage 1985 Miyata 310 road bike that has been converted to a 650b wheel size.
Steel lugged frame with triple butted CRMO tubing.
Frame size is 59cm, I'm 6'-1" and usually need a 56cm or so, but with the 650b is perfect. I would say you need to be 5'-10" to 6'-2" and this bike can accommodate you.
This build consists of:
+ Synergy wheels built with Shimano Deore XT rear and Shimano Alfine generator hub (6v) front
+ Busch & Muller Lumotec Plus (standlight = light stays on after stopped for a few second) in the front, and a B&M Secula Plus in the rear (fender mounted)
+ Velo Orange snakeskin 650b fenders
+ Panaracer Pacella PARI-MOTO tires with thorn resistant tubes
+ Tektro 559 front and rear brakes with new pads mounted
+ Tektro aero brake levers
+ Nitto Technomic Stem
+ Soma mustache handlebar with cloth wrap and shellac (now with patina)
+ Dia-Compe bar end shifters (comes with left as well, see last photo)
+ Shimano 105 rear derailleur
+ Comes with original Signature Shimano front/rear derailleurs and downtube shifters as well as front (left) bar end shifter from Dia-Compe

As you can see, this is a great bike and components, but is ready for a new owner.
Come on by and take this one for a ride, you won't be disappointed.

Price is $650 cash (no trade) or best reasonable offer
Please leave a number to get a reply
If the ad is up...it is available, honest!

I know this is not the season, but if you are thinking of building something like this, or are in the process...this could be your answer.

Thanks!
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers